Production equipment needs to be properly maintained for a plant to function optimally. In order to determine optimum maintenance practices, the following aspects need to be considered:
- The probability of equipment failure over time (refer to figure below).
- The impact of equipment failure.
- The optimum replacement times for maintainable items.
- The required skill levels and number of people who have to maintain the equipment.
- Selection of preventative maintenance or condition based maintenance.
- Inspection decisions.
- Maintenance items to be kept in stock.
- Should equipment be replaced or overhauled?
- Maintenance scheduling.
Manulogix performs maintenance analyses and develops maintenance plans that will support the operational system to function at an optimum level.
Weibull distribution showing probability of component failure over time